Search This Blog

Thursday 20 October 2011

A day off (ish)

Monday, 26 April 2010

Today was that most precious of days: a day without work. Almost. I did have to read through a patent I translated last week, but other than that, I was unburdened by translation. Days like this occur less and less often these days, so I was determined to make the most of it. As such, I am sitting here at 3.30pm having:
  • Had a good e-mail clear-out.
  • Tidied my desk to an acceptable extent (that is, I can now see my desk)
  • Prepared my April invoices
  • Edited a batch of photos from last week’s falconry day
  • Assembled and filled my son’s sandpit
  • Mowed the lawn
  • Arranged a cottage in the Yorkshire Dales for next month.
  • Put a new rear tyre on my Yamaha
  • Updated my blog (obviously)

A useful day, yes? And it’s (top quality) sausages & mash tonight. I like the way this week’s started, although my May batch of patentability reports to translate will soon be here.

Tom and me at Hikone Castle (彦根城)

No comments:

Post a Comment