Search This Blog

Thursday 20 October 2011

One year on

Wednesday, 10 February 2010

So, I’ve now been a translator and a father for exactly a year (Tom arrived Feb10th 2009). Before the big event, I was almost certain that having a young child in the house would limit my availability, and therefore income, to a certain degree, but how did it actually pan out in the end? Well, in the 12 months since Tom was born, I’ve actually earned around £3200 more than in the 12 months up to his birth, so it would seem that he’s been anything but a hindrance.
99% of the credit for this goes to Tom’s mum, Nik, who has taken him out of the house to do something on every one of the 365 days he’s been with us, come rain, snow, fog, colds, conjunctivitis, teething pains, full nappies, projectile vomits and any number of other obstacles. I’m a lucky man.

The lad

No comments:

Post a Comment