Search This Blog

Friday 21 October 2011

A nice week

Friday, 30 April 2010

Perhaps that’s because I’ve spent the last 2 days translating three technical articles about rechargeable batteries. The first two were fairly straightforward and dealt with how manufacturers are managing to make mobile phone batteries smaller and smaller. The third, however, is proving to be more of a challenge as it goes into a lot of detail about circuitry and the like, which is not really my field. Still, it’s true that you’ll never improve beyond a certain point as a translator unless you try new things and test yourself once in a while, so perhaps the long weekend will recharge my batteries and enable me to get stuck into it a bit better on Tuesday.
This week has been quite a pleasant one. I had no work at all until Thursday. A couple of years ago that would have stressed me out and got me worrying about the size of my client base, but not any more. It just meant I was able to spend more time with Tom, which was great. He’s sleeping and eating well at the moment, and is very good company during the day.

Charcoal grilling, Japanese style

No comments:

Post a Comment