Search This Blog

Friday 21 October 2011

SEO: A necessary evil?

Monday, 24 May 2010

Sorry for the very long delay between posts. I had a mad couple of weeks, followed by an ITI workshop in York and a long weekend in the Yorkshire Dales, and then managed to pick up both a chest infection and a bladder infection that laid me low for a bit.
Anyway, the ITI workshop in York was to do with marketing myself to potential clients and, specifically, how to enhance my online presence. I’ve had a website for a while now, but knew it wasn’t actually generating much business for me. I hope I’ve now gone some way to remedying that, partly by altering the content of the site following advice from various parties and partly by changing the way in which I upload my site to my hosting company. I’ve just done a quick test, and I seem to be much higher up the Google rankings than before. So, I think I’ve moved in the right direction SEO-wise. I’ll find out in the fullness of time. I’m not expecting dozen of offers of work in my inbox tomorrow morning, but enquiries from a few new clients would be nice.

Akiyoshido (秋芳洞) Caverns

No comments:

Post a Comment